Wednesday, July 8, 2009

BIrth Day

Well, we had three due dates. The sonogram date was July 6th, the midwife's date was the 7th, and mine was the 8th. So, today's the last official possible due date, then we go into overtime. I have actually been in labor all day, but I'm not sure you would call it labor? God told Adam and God told Eve, they would have "labor". The word He assigned was the same word, ie. meant the same thing for both of them. Both of them would sweat. Adam would do it every day. Eve would do it when she had kids. I haven't broken a sweat yet. In fact, every 3-7 minutes I have a contraction which I would compare to ....nothing. Braxton Hicks? Except maybe one minutia stronger? It was like this on number three. I knew it was "labor" because of the every few minute thing, but it was so easy and non-laborish that I went to a restaurant that night. Once there, I realized I did not want to be there, point is, it was mild enough that I could go on with normal business. So, this one seems to be around that same type of deal.
I got all of the birth announcements addressed, made cookies, walked a little over a mile (this morning), swam, napped, read to kids, paid bills, felt a little bit like a loaf....Mark's picking up dinner. Will walk again after dinner and kids are put to bed. This would be a cool "birth" day: 7.8.2009...course, any day would be cool at this point. I'm dilated to 4 centimeters and baby moved all the way down into the pelvis last night. Kids are exhausted from so much swimming, we must cut back. But once you get this big, the pool feels SO GOOD. If you see a girl walking your neighborhood with her stomach sticking out of her clothes, she's not trying to be sexy, her stomach no longer FITS into any of her maternity clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment