Sunday, May 24, 2009

Good Breastpads are Hard to Find

Well, it looks as if I might really start to blog. I guess once you are pregnant with your fifth child, blogging is a nice way to share your life with others and to communicate openly without having to arm wrestle the phone away from your 1 year old or to hide in the pantry so it seems quiet enough to have a decent conversation with a gal pal.

    The above item is only going to be of interest to those with boobs that are actually producing milk, and lots of it. Mine happen to be a regular dairy nowadays, so breast pads are of extreme interest to me. I used to think the danish wool breastpads were the best until I shrank them down to the size of a half dollar coin one time too many. And, at $18 a pop, the nostalgia of wooly breast pads wore off a bit. 

    For those that cloth diaper, we know that fleece is a cheap synthetic wool. It wicks moisture away from the body, keeps it warm and dry and works fabulously to keep babies’ bottom dry when necessary (night and nap times). Well, I put two and two together and came up this breastpad that definitely beats all others, hands down. The fleece side of the pad you put next to your milker and the other side, I sewed a cloth diaper with 8 layers of cloth in it to catch the milk. The pad itself is bigger than those horrible paper ones. It fills the whole bra and once you wash it, it is as cozy as a pair of “seven” jeans.

    So, there you have it, the glory of my breast pads in a nut shell. Your boobs will be dry, your bra will be dry, and your pad will hold lots of milk. As the baby gets older, hold onto these things as they are nice and round and small enough for your bag pocket, but a great nose wiper or emergency cleaner upper for when your soy sauce spills in the car from eating sushi at the stop light and then jerking forward.

    oh yeah, one more thing, I’ve been giving these to friends at their baby showers, but if you are not friendly enough, or maybe I did not feel like sewing on the day you had your baby, you can purchase them from me and I will send them to you. They are $10 per pair and $2 for shipping. Simply paypal racheljj@mac.com the money and I will zip these off in the mail. I’m sorry about the black ring around them, the sharpie is the best way for me to outline and cut these...it does go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment