Sunday, May 24, 2009

Make a Grocery List

One thing that will cut down on time you spend each week in the grocery store is a grocery list. As I have increased my number of children and many times taken them to the grocery store with me, I have realized the faster I am in and out, the better. 

    Up until a few months ago, I shopped exclusively at Whole Foods. Now, I  seem to be able to get enough organic foods between 

Costco and H.E.B. and sometimes online grocery stores.

In this blog, I thought I would share my grocery list. 


    I keep this list as a Word Document in my computer and in the Word document, there are 2 columns, therefore, it prints up to one nice neat page. Sometimes, I’ll have  a lot of meat for the butcher, so I will leave the list with him while I got get a few other items. I have to adjust it every so often, but this is a HUGE helper around the birth time, because you may need someone to go get a few things and if you have a list like this....checking off is easy.




Vegetables: (organic)

__Kale

__Broccoli

__Beets

__Mini Carrots (5 lb. bag)

__Garlic

__Red Onion

__Yellow Onion

__2 Potatoes

__Zucchini

__1 Bell Pepper

__ Romaine Lettuce 3 pac

__Tomatoes on the Vine

__Avocados


Fruits:

__Organic Bananas

__Apples

__Seasonal Fruit______________

_________________________


Meat:

__Ground Beef, 1 lb.

__1.5 lbs. Fish of the Day

__1.5 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chick Breast

__Rump Roast

__WELSHIRE FARMS turkey bacon

__Uncured Buffalo Hot Dogs (City Butcher)

__Hamburger Buns (onion)

__Hot Dog Buns (wheat) 


Bins:

__lb. Pinto Beans

__lbs. Oats

__Brown Rice Organic

__Spelt Flour (whole spelt)

__Sucanat

__Organic Almonds

__Organic Walnuts

__Granola

__Quinoa


Packaged Goods:
__NEAR EAST Rice Pilas Mix CHICKEN

__Kids’ Mustard

__Safflower Mayonnaise

__365 Ketchup

__Crushed org. Canned tomatoes

__Tomato Paste

Snacks:

__365 Popcorn, lightly salted

__ ENER G, Wheat-Free, Gluten Free Sesame Pretzel  Rings

__Corn Chips (El Milagro, Kitchen Style)

__Salsa: Arriba Roasted Chipotle

__Unsalted Pepita Nuts

__Parmesan Cheese Shredded

__Spelt Wild Rice Sticks

__Mojo Bars (mixed nuts)


Cereal:
__365 Organic High Fiber Cereal

__Ezekiel Bread Cereal with Almonds

__Squares

__Arrowhead Mills Organic Maple Buckwheat Flakes

__Party Size Hummus w/Extra Garlic (CEDAR’S)

__Santa Cruz Lemon Juice


Baking Goods:

__Ghiradelli Choco Chips

__Honey

__Maple Syrup


Dairy:

__Eggs (organic)

__Cream Cheese

__Horizon Lo Fat Plain Yogurt

__Sour Cream

__Bubbies Pickles

__Organic 365 Unsalted Butter


Frozen
__Ezekiel Bread 

__Alexia Waffle Fries

__Julies Organic Vanilla Ice Cream


Extras:

__xylitol gum (by the toothpaste)

__Stevia

__Llamas Rice Shampoo

__Mozarella Cheese (grated organic)

__Blueberry Scone

__Chicken Salad



 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment