Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Sitz bath

A picture of one of the amazing gifts we received. They are chocolate covered strawberries from Shari's Berries (www.berries.com) Thank you to all of the people who have given gifts....we are overwhelmed by your love

I have to write a little article on the sitz bath since I forgot to mention it on the postpartum tidbits. The sitz bath that I used from www.wishgardenherbs.com was totally amazing. I could feel my "parts" healing as I sat in it. I only did three baths, but it seemed to make a big difference for me....definitely worth mentioning.

I did not do the sitz bath on the first four births...because I assumed you had to sit in a special pot or something for it to really work. This time, my midwife boiled the leaves and then I skimmed them off and poured the pot of brown "tea" into a regular bathtub. I added hot water...just enough to bring the water level up a couple of inches, and then sat in it for 10 minutes or so. Easy. And so great!

2 comments:

  1. That sitz bath really is wonderful! And oh my word those berries look incredible. YUM! Are you going to post how you get back into shape postpartum? That is always an issue for me...it feels like it takes forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Charlsie:
    Yes!! I Am going to write a post on this, probably in the next week or so...since I gain and lose 50 pounds every single time.

    ReplyDelete